Out of stock
- The widest array of voices ever collected in a book about fishing Yellowstone; interviews with more than a hundred men and women -- from teenagers to octogenarians -- each of them sharing stories about their favorite spots in the park.
- The most up-to-date information about dozens of park fisheries, also the latest tips, techniques, fly patterns, best times and best hatches.
- Wisdom and advice from a collection of Yellowstone anglers ranging from knowledgable guides -- including Craig Mathews, Richard Parks, Molly Semenik, John Bailey, Alice Owsley and Bob Jacklin -- to savvy locals and visitors. Also fresh insights from notable people including authors Tom McGuane and Doug Peacock; ranger Shelton Johnson, who was featured in Ken Burns' National Parks series on PBS; Vice President Dick Cheney and President Jimmy Carter.
- Best spots for Yellowstone cutthroat, westslope cutthroat, Snake River finespotted cutthroat, grayling, rainbows, cuttbows, brown trout, brook trout, mountain whitefish, and lake trout
- The ecologic history of trout in Yellowstone, from the natural colonization that began after the last ice age through the intense fish stocking done by park managers for decades starting in the late 1800s. This book gives the most thorough explanation yet of one of the park's greatest environmental catastrophes, the decimation of native cutthroats in Yellowstone Lake due to illegally stocked, non-native lake trout, whirling disease and drought. There are also new details about the restoration of native Westslope cutthroat fisheries in Yellowstone.
- New anecdotes about other park wildlife, including grizzlies, elk, wolves, moose, eagles, cougars, osprey, otters, rattlesnakes and bison -- even bigfoot.
- Unpublished details about perhaps the greatest human drama in Yellowstone history; an incredible 1877 encounter between a pair of early park tourists -- one of them a man who was shot three times and lived -- and a band of fleeing Nez Perce Indians, including revered peacemaker Chief Joseph.
We offer three shipping options, all of which are completely free.
- Free UPS/USPS Ground Shipping to anywhere in the US
- Free pickup in our Ketchum, Idaho store
- Free local delivery in the Ketchum, Idaho area
Silver Creek Return Policy
The entire staff here at Silver Creek Outfitters is dedicated to making your experience with us a positive one. Besides our “written return policy,” understand we are here to help you with any concerns you may have with merchandise purchased through our store. We will gladly exchange, credit, or refund within 30 days on unworn,(new) regular priced merchandise. A sales receipt is required for a cash refund. Store credits are valid for one year from the date of issue. *Freight is non-refundable. There are no returns on sale merchandise.
If you have purchased an item over the phone/internet, or are not able to return an item personally to the store- please contact us prior to shipping at 208-457-4602 or email@example.com to obtain a Return Authorization. This way we can easily track the transaction and serve you better through the exchange/refund process.
Include a copy of your receipt or invoice in the return package. Your name, address, phone number, and email address, and whether you would like an exchange for another item or items, or would prefer a refund.
Please note any defects if applicable
Ship or mail your insured package to the following: Silver Creek Outfitters Returns Mailing Address P.O. Box 418 Ketchum, ID 83340
Shipping Address 500 North Main St Ketchum, ID 83340 Fax: 208.726.9056